September 17, 2009

Home Alone

Much has happened in the past week. Last Friday was the kids first day of preschool and they totally loved it. Sunday, Niklas went to the Tigers game with me and my Dad and he had a blast. When the ball would smack the catcher's glove, Niklas would say "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Monday morning, Greta left for a photography class in Atlanta leaving me alone with the trio until this evening. Aside from a little help from our babysitter Anne and the fact that they were in preschool most of the day Wednesday, I was pretty much Mr. Mom.

Getting the kids up in the morning and feeding them all by myself was a big challenge, especially on Wednesday morning when I had to get them to school by 8:30. I woke them up from a dead sleep an completely ticked them off. No one wanted to get dressed, no one wanted to eat, and everyone was whining. In addition, I have to make sure our whole house is buttoned up or our spastic dog will trash the place. I got everyone in the car at 10 past 8 and we have a 20 minute drive. I suddenly realized that the trash and recycling needed to be put out. I took out the trash and then proceeded to back out over it upon pulling out of the driveway. To add insult to injury, I couldn't dislodge the trash can and recycling bin from beneath the car. I finally pull into the school and start getting the gang out of the car when I noticed all 3 had taken their shoes off. Needless to say, I got them all to their classroom on time although I was completely drenched in sweat. I really feel like Chevy Chase sometimes.

Finally, I got the dreaded "your kid smashed his head" phone call from the preschool on Wednesday. And guess who smashed his head? Niklas of course! Apparently he had a gash on his forehead that they thought warranted a trip to the hospital. I think they were started by the sight of blood on that bright white hair. Apparently, Niklas never cried which doesn't surprise me in the least. When I arrived at the school, he was dancing, playing and singing. I decided to go with the band-aid and neosporin solution. So far, so good.

First Day Of School

Tigers Vs. Blue Jays

More Pictures From Labor Day


Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! You did have a time! You are amazing to get them to school on time despite all the trouble. Mackenzie was so excited that she "made the blog"!! She said the one of her, your mom and the kids is "the scared club" from when you were riding the wave runner. Lisa

The Buckley Family said...

All I can say is "oh my!".

Anonymous said...

We are patiently waiting for the zoo update complete with the pictures of the zebras doing their thing. Greta said she took those pictures for you! Let me say, I have never had such cute zoo pictures as I do with your kids in them!!!Lisa