January 23, 2007
After the last post, could we really expect anything more than ambiguity from Niklas's test today? Of course not. If the test showed increased ventricle size, then we would have had the reservoir put in. If the test showed improvement we were told we would wait. If, however, the test was unchanged then it would all be up in the air. His test was unchanged, so there is no urgency right now and UM will probably not look at the film until tomorrow. Chances are, they will decide to wait, but we are not sure at this point. It's as if the kid is saying "wait, not quite yet, just a few more minutes, I have another trick up my sleeve". He may, or he may not. Greta and I are prepared either way and honestly I am not really worried too much about the outcome. Niklas is under close supervision and in good hands. Greta did Kangaroo Care with all 3 babies today. I held Gabbie for about an hour, and she also breast fed twice. All in all, this has been a good string of 3 or 4 days and we both hope it continues.
Posted by Jason R. Myers